Pages

Saturday 27 July 2013

Yorkshire Dales, Nine Standards Rigg and Tan Hill Inn from Keld.

Camping at Keld this weekend at Rukin's site and once set up I set off for Nine Standards Rigg with the intention of cutting across country from there to the Tan hill Inn and back to Keld on the Pennine Way.

7 hrs.

Nine Standards.
Leaving the campsite in Keld.
The path up the valley passes a couple of abandoned farm houses.
And we are on the Coast to Coast Path.
With some stunning views of the Northern Dales.
I came across the first Coast to Coasters of the day near to Ravenseat Farm.
At Coldbergh Edge Pillar.
A couple of km further saw me arriving at Nine Standards Rigg with the Nine Standards ahead of me.
From Nine Standards I turned right and headed off into pathless terrain with my compass on a heading for the Tan Hill Inn. Photo below is looking back to Nine Standards.
At Brownber Tarn.
Tan Hill Inn at last.
Has it's own camping area round the back.
After a refreshing drink I headed off down the Pennine Way path towards Keld. The sign said 4&1/4 miles.
Strange gate.
Keld ahead.
Kisdon Hill above Keld.
River Swale.
And finally back at the campsite in Keld.
..............



















No comments:

Post a Comment